An Oscars party simply isn’t any Oscars party without fancy fluted beverages. And, just because you’re throwing a party for the kids or don’t drink alcohol (or might be pregnant) doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the fun!
We’re super stoked to be able to share with you this complete cocktail and “mocktail” recipe guide from our friends at Polar Seltzer (Worcester, what!) — including the signature bubbly recipe we’ll be serving with and without booze at our 4th Annual #OscarUp this Sunday, thanks to their sponsorship.
If you’re hosting your own party at home, be sure to download the complete Polar Seltzer Guide to Oscars Beverages (PDF), and check out our favorite recipe below — a fabulous & fizzy ode to the Life of Pi, sans the sauce! (Just add a splash of brandy or bubbly if you want to make it more “festive.”)
ACROSS THE ATLANTIC
A drink that is as exotic and eclectic as elements of the film, Life of Pi.
- 1 large slice crystallized ginger (or a splash of ginger syrup)
- 4 splashes bitters
- Polar Orange Vanilla seltzer
Julienne ginger and add to glass. Add bitters, and then add Polar Seltzer just before serving. Stir gently.
And check out the rest of our DIY Oscars party stories:
- DIY Decorating for an Awesome Oscars Party on the Cheap
- Green the Red Carpet Sip & Swap
- Goodwill Hunting: Black Tie Looks for Less
- DIY Film Festival in a Box: IndieFlix
- Best Vintage & Secondhand Shopping in LA